User Experience, Mechanics and Materials Technology Cluster Overview:
- This group includes 326 total patent families, comprising 499 assets (including 221 active issued US patents, 78 active foreign counterparts (KR, NL, ES, GB, DE, HK, JP, IT, MX, IN, CA, CN, FR, EP))
- Earliest filing: 1998-01-16
- Average lifespan: 4.8 years
- This group includes assets covering device user interfaces, user experience, and speech recognition
- Assets further include claims directed to mechanical construction of handsets, such as covers, form factor, input devices
- Also included are assets in the areas of housings for base station equipment, cooling arrangements, etc.
- Certain assets are directed to mechanical devices, nanotechnologies, materials, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), sensors and sensing, and digital health
The User Experience, Mechanics, and Materials cluster touches on many diverse concepts including speech recognition, circuit boards and heat sinks, electroplating, electrical assembly, MEMS devices, electromagnetic shielding, bidirectional elements, silicate materials, and optical fiber.
The forward citation chart for the User Experience, Mechanics, and Materials cluster is presented in the chart.
In addition to a few outliers, including one asset approximately 11 years since publication with over 100 forward citations, the User Experience, Mechanics, and Materials cluster shows a strong history of citation by references of major technology providers. Such heavy citation demonstrates the inherent value of this cluster.